Thursday, May 10, 2012

Well hello ya'll. I'm back again to report on my newest adventures in Idaho!  Working with a crew of 20 young ladies and gentlemen this summer based out of the Moyer Helibase in the Salmon-Challis National Forest near Salmon, Idaho.  (I'll post a map of that at some point.  Heck, maybe I'll even MAKE that map! since I can do that now.)  And I will certainly write more when I have a chance.  The crew arrives on Monday and so begins a brand new field season that I hope is full of adventure.  Here's to good summers all around.  Cheers!
My cabin!  Or house, or unit, chalet... home for now, in any case

A little bit of Moyer...

And all of Moyer!

This is for mom, mostly.  Cool tree sap and bark.

Also for mom...

It's kinda pretty out there...

Just a little

grass curly-cues

Me, Nat, and Jackie making dinner on the stove top... literally!

It was delicious and we hardly noticed our lack or electricity.

Goldbug Hot Springs!  Relaxation with a view.

2 comments:

  1. Good to have an idea of where you are at. I pictured you more in a pine-y forest - but you are really high in the mountains. Gorgeous views, thanks for the special pics! ... and for getting this going again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. goldbug! yesss. i love the grass curly-cues. this was an excellent post. the best part is you and your chalet-mates (which, by the way, is totes what you should call your home... a chalet) look so happy about cooking on top of a [wood?] stove. teehee. keep 'er up.

    ReplyDelete